Friday, May 14, 2010

Why I need a stroller and my maid

Calista can be a real handful. I am not kidding. I guess I had to get at least ONE kid like that after 3 relatively easy kids to handle. Sigh.

She is forever running off, climbing, getting herself into all sorts of scrapes and situations. And she's only about 18 months old. Thankfully, she is fine with sitting strapped down in her stroller.

Today, however, I had to leave the stroller in the car while I did my monthly household and grocery shopping at Carrefour.

She refused to sit in the trolley. And from then till I was done getting stuff some one hour later, she was like this little terrorist.

Sigh. Look at the pics!







Firstly, she was grabbing things off the shelves. Eh, this is a first for me. I've never had a kid like that before. It's truly tiring. Lol. I think I must've said "Calista, don't touch", "Calista, put it back", "Calista, come here" and "No!!!!!!!!!!!!" like a zillion times this evening.





2ndly, the little aunty thought this was fun. Sigh.

And lastly, look at what she's holding ....




Yes, you know what that is. It is a toilet plunger alright. She picked it up while I was getting some kitchen cleaning stuff and proceeded to carry it all the way. She knew what to do with it too!! She would toddle along, stop on the middle of nowhere and "pop, pop, pop" the plunger onto the floor. Egads!!!

I totally regretted not bringing my maid along. She was home with the other girls cooking dinner and I had met a friend earlier for tea so oh well, tough for me. Hmmmm, wonder how Hubby would feel about getting an additional maid?

Sigh. I wish. Lol! In the meantime, I think duct tape seems like a pretty good solution.

Hahahaha!

No comments: