Monday, October 13, 2008

A fairly busy weekend ...

Well, we had a somewhat busy weekend .. which is unusual for us ... On Saturday, I suddenly felt like going to Takashimaya .. and so we were there just before 10am .. I've never seen the shutters go up at ANY departmental store .. this was a first for me ... hahahaha. We had a nice leisurely breakfast at the foodcourt and then walked around a bit .. managed to get some tops from United Colours of Benetton for the girls and my maid bought her daughter some toys too ... it was a very nice outing since it was still relatively empty at that point and when we left at about 12 plus, it was starting to get crowded .. UGH.

On Sunday, it was church as usual in the morning, then we went down to Vivocity to meet friends for lunch at Earle Swensens and then we headed out to Sentosa to join them at Rasa Sentosa Resort for an afternoon of swimming .. well, not me .. it was the Daddy and the girls that were in the pool .. the girls had a very enjoyable time with their friend, Beverly :) The sun was BLAZING btw and well, you know me .. my maid and I slapped on LOADS of sunblock on the girls .. I don't like to see them (or myself tanned) .. lol. Anyway, Lauren doesn't tan .. she goes all red I suspect (like my mom) and I know it'll hurt, so there I was in the room ... putting sunblock EVERYWHERE on her and Emily .. and supervising Claudia too.

It wasn't a fruitless effort btw .. Lauren is still nice and fair .. so are the other 2 girls .. Claudia tanned A BIT but guess that was my fault for not slapping on the sunblock MYSELF (I let her do it herself and only helped her put some on her back).



Sigh .. I didn't check the photo or else I would've seen that Lauren had her eyes closed in this shot ...



Emily was just happy to play with the bucket and shovel ..
Posted by Picasa

No comments: