Thursday, February 12, 2009

It FINALLY happened ...

Lauren and Emily were playing - running in and out of the waiting lift at our lift landing today .. we were on the way out to drop Lauren off at school. My maid was holding Calista while I was still in the apartment looking for something ...

I heard my maid scolding and telling them NOT to run in and out of the waiting lift ...

Obviously, she was speaking in Spanish (not) cos the rascals ignored her and continued playing ...

I walked out of the apt fully intending on scolding them .. but I was too late.

The lift door had closed and the lift was on its way down with my 28 month old girl in it ALONE.

sigh.

No point panicking. My maid got into the other lift and went down hoping to find Emily on the 1st floor (we live on the highest floor - 14th).

A few minutes went by, and suddenly I could her faint wailing .. then the wails were getting louder ... the same lift reached my floor and the doors opened and there stood Emily WAILING .. and she had tears streaming down her face ...

She ran out and I picked her up ... my poor poor girl.

When we got to the ground floor, my maid told me that when she got to the first floor, she saw that the lift that Emily was in was on the way up ...

SO we surmised that when the lift reached the first floor with Emily in it, she pressed "14" and it took her back up. Thank goodness she hadn't run out of the lift ...

And yes, thank goodness she knew which button to press .. we have been letting her press the buttons when we go up and down and have been showing her repeatedly which one to press .. "1" when we want to go down and "14" for home.

I would like to think that this is the last time she'll play in the lift .. but I'd be kidding myself ..

lol.

1 comment:

Goody said...

omigosh! that's one of my fears with aneeq.. thankfully she was in your condo lift. imagine if it had happened at a mall....