Thursday, April 3, 2008

There are things I regret in this life ... and one of them is ...

agreeing with my hubby to buy an apt on the highest floor ... on the blardy 14th storey ...

Why, you ask? ... It's no picnic walking up blardy 14 floors when both the lifts are out and the repairmen are nowhere in sight .. AND you have $125 worth of fresh and frozen meat .... AND you have 2 toddlers with you ...

SIGH

Granted, this was the FIRST TIME I had to use the stairs to walk up, it shure as hell is my LAST ..

The next time it happens, I am driving straight to my mom's place nearby and dumping my stuff in her freezer till my lifts are fixed.

My poor maid carried the bulk of the groceries and rushed off ahead while I took my time with some bags and the 2 girls ...

Initially, I carried Emily on my hip and trooped up the first 4 floors thinking ... "Hmmm, this isn't SO BAD" ... LOL

I think I nearly passed out on the 5th storey. I cursed everything and everyone .. while panting like I was going to DIE ... and when I reached thee 10th storey, I was carrying Emily under my arm like a sack of potaotes .. or a huge clutch bag ... poor baby.

She insisted on getting down and walking up the stairs herself at that point so I put her down and was walking up behind her in case she lost her balance ...

Lauren had Grover tucked under her arm and was walking up happily .. of course by the time we got to the 10th floor, she kept asking .. "Is it THIS door?" at every level ...

There I was panting and about to collapse into a big heap onto the steps .. and I still had to answer her .. "No, baby .. keep going up" ..

LOL.

I was SWEATING, SWEARING and generally not in a good mood by the time we got to the 11th storey. Plus my elderly neighbour, who I met as she was on her way down ... thought she was being helpful by stating the obvious ... "wa, difficult huh?" ...

If I had any strength left at that point, I would have swung my plastic bag of chwee kueh at her in exasperation ... but oh well ... LOL

Anyway, the damn lifts were repaired about 20 mins after we reached home ...

I was too tired to come out and holler at the technicians. I did however call the condo office the min I reached home, and while panting ... expressed my extreme unhappiness and frustration and TIREDNESS at the lift repairmen's sad lack of quick response.

My husband also didn't help when I rang him to tell him the good news that we had made it .. all he said was "Wa, you made it ah??"

All men are so useless ..

That's the freaking last time I walk up 14 storeys ..

I think if there had been a zombie chasing me up ... I'd have just thrown myself at him at the 5th storey and be done with it ..

lol. yes, me and my obsession with zombies ... I really should stop watching those zombie flicks ..

2 comments:

Meekfreek said...

Ahahahaahhaaaaaaaahaha!!! This is so funny...I like the part about the huge clutch purse aka Emily!!!

Just think of of those calories you burned going up 14 storeys!!! Put it this way, you can have a big piece of chocolate cake and not feel guilty!

kristalangel said...

hahaha ... ya it was funny later when I thought about it .. not so as I was STRUGGLING up the stairs.