Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Calista .. how much she eats now.



This is Heinz's Creamy Pasta and Tuna Mornay ... I usually feed her out of a Corelle bowl (cos I reheat the food in the microwave) but after speaking to one of the mummies I know ... and hearing that her dotty takes a whole bowl of porridge (she uses this same Pigeon bowl) .. I poured out Calista's food into the her Pigeon bowl just to have an idea of how much she eats .. I already knew it wouldn't go to the brim ... but I was kinda worried that it would be about half or less. Thankfully, it was about 2/3 full.



And yes, after 5 minutes, the little aunty was done with her dinner ... now onto snacks ...



I've been popping the banana puffs into her mouth instead of letting her pick them up herself cos I think she takes too long and initally, none went into her mouth but stayed in her tightly clenched fist .. lol. Anyway, I decided that I wanted more time to eat my dinner so I let her feed herself so I could have some peace .. lol.

I still couldn't help myself and fed her the puffs. lol !!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Adeline said...

Hmm.....going to get that Tuna stuff for Bryan to try:P Guess what, Bryan will also holds the banana puff in his little fist and then try to eat them with his fist still close! hahahaha....So I prefer to just give it to him.

OH! you must let Calista try the Apple Cinnamon Rice Crackers from Brown Rice Paradise! It so yummy and Bryan can finished 3 at a go!

kristalangel said...

ok I will. Where can I get that from? VitaKids? ..

Hey, don't 4get to store the banana puffs in an airtight container ya? The one that it comes in is totally USELESS. When I first tried these puffs for my 2nd girl many years ago, I din realize that and the 2nd time I tried to give her the puffs, the puffs had gone all soft and din taste nice. SO now, I just empty it straight into a Tupperware container and CHUCK out the packaging.

kristalangel said...

I'm sure Bryan will like the Creamy Pasta and Tuna Mornay .. it's very creamy and the tuna isn't so overwhelming. I find that it tastes nicer if it's reheated awhile in the microwave though.

Adeline said...

I got the Apple Cinnamon Rice Crackers from Brown Rice Paradise at Tanglin Mall. I can pass you a packet when I collect the wipes from you :) Btw, when will you be heading to QB?

Snowymum said...

LOL... That's about 2 baby cubes of food (i.e b/w 140ml to 160ml). :)

The tuna stuff looks good! Maybe I will buy one to feed her when I lazy to cook on weekend...

Same like Bryan, Nic will hold the teddy puff or bread in her hand so tight, my guess is she'll be licking watever is sticking out from her fingers... :P I also can't resist but feed her directly! LOL

Snowymum said...

Yr girl eats really fast! I re-read ur post - 5mins!!!! How does ur girl do it? : )

kristalangel said...

Adeline,

hehe :) that'll be great! Thanks :p The kindy hasn't gotten back to me WHEN the stocks are arriving leh .. I'll keep u posted.

Snowie gal,

ya lar .. waste food let them hold - in the end, the banana puff all squashed and not nice to eat .. so I am not a big fan of self-feeding at this age .. I prefer to dump it into her mouth myself. hahaha :)

dunno leh .. she's very noisy when she eats .. and she just keeps opening her mouth .. swallowing then opening her mouth again .. so I keep shovelling the food in lor .. a bit scared she lose interest so I quickly feed her. hahahaha.