Saturday, May 24, 2008

A chat with Lauren's nursery teacher ...

So I dragged myself out of bed on Thursday morning to see Lauren's teacher ... it was "Meet the Parents" day at her nursery. Stanley was eager to hear what the teacher had to say about Lauren.

Well, we were happy. Her teacher had nothing bad to say about Lauren at all. She was doing well in school. She interacted well with her friends .. (I have this fear that my kids will turn out to be bullies ... dunno why I think that .. lol) and she loves listening to stories and participating in class activities. She was also writing well ... which was a good cos we don't make her practise at home. The teacher was surprised at that saying her writing was quite good and showed us some of her work. She has no problems understanding what the teacher says to her and always answers questions when asked.

When I met Claudia's teacher the next day she also had good things to say about Claudia calling her a "good girl". Although Claudia's results dipped a bit this semester .. thanks to me being ill for the last 8 weeks and NOT coaching her at all for her exams .. she did fine. Her Chinese teacher was also impressed with her .. saying that Claudia was doing well - which I guess is a surprise for many since she is a non native speaker of the language.

I'm so glad my girls are doing well in school :)

No comments: