Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Time and place ... and blardy morning sickness ...

Lauren has a funny habit. She uses her loo time to sing. And currently, her favourite song to sing while she is doing the big one .. is our National Anthem. Of course, she mixes up some words .. after all, the song is in Malay ... but it's quite a decent attempt for a 3.5 year old. She obviously learnt the song at nursery .. she IS IN A PAP kindy. lol.

We've tried telling her that she should just do her business quick, get out of the loo, then she can sing .. but I suspect she likes the acoustics in the bathroom .. ie the echo effect.

LOL

My morning sickness is finally getting better. The last few weeks were tough ... The worst thing is my MORNING sickness lasts the whole blardy day. It's torturous. I try to nap often to get away from it .. but of course, I've thrown up a couple of times already. DAMMIT.

The HOT SCORCHING weather doesn't help. I haven't been out on a weekday to town in weeks. I can't be bothered to drive in the hot sun just to window shop ... plus my nausea just makes me want to stay home and suffer. I think hubby will die of shock when the next power supply bill arrives.

I can't wait for the 1st trimester to go by ...

2 comments:

Meekfreek said...

Poor you...reading your post brings back my own oh so painful memories. To this day I can't stand the smell of Marina Food Court where I religiously ate saba fish for 9 solid months and ballooned into a hippo...I managed to stack on 22kg...haven't met anyone who has been able to beat my record yet!

Don't worry, your aircon bills will be low than your shopping bills so it all works out at the end :p

kristalangel said...

wow 22kg? Well, you're so super slim now ... !!

I can't gain 22kg .. I'll be a WHALE. I usually gain about 7-8 kg and lose that by the time the baby is born give or take a kg or so .. it's the morning sickness at the start that KILLS me.