Sunday, July 5, 2009

My girls are sick

yes all of them ..

*sigh*

It started 2 Fridays ago after a swimming session. Claudia had accidentally swallowed some pool water and started complaining of a sore throat soon after ... the next day, she was down with a fever and her sore throat got worse ..

We figure it's strep throat .. she had it once before when she was younger in the States when we lived there. Claudia didn't go to school for almost a whole week cos her fever went up and down and her throat was so sore she couldn't eat most things. She said eating rice was like metal beads going down her throat ... poor thing. The doc prescribed antibiotics and she rested at home ..

Then last Thurday ... Lauren and Emily came down with a high fever ... and and then yesterday, it was Calista's turn ... *sigh* I think they have the flu .. A friend asked if it could be H1N1 and I said, well, the doc said that if you haven't been to one of those affected countries or come into contact with someone with it then it's probably not. Of course, who knows .. but I was irritated cos her daughter was having the sniffles too and I didn't immediately jump to the conclusion that it was H1N1. How annoying.

Thankfully, all the girls including Calista are ok with swallowing meds and they have been on fever meds regularly .. Claudia, Emily and Calista are now fever free .. Lauren is still havin a fever .. Emily is having a running nose and phlegm in her throat, Claudia's throat seems to finally be on the mend.

At the moment, Stanley and I are ok. So is the maid. Hope it stays that way.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor girls!! I understand how u feel abt the H1N1 thingy.. i was down with flu for 2 whole weeks and everyone was like avoiding me without telling it straight at my face.. =/

Snowymum said...

Oh dear, I hope all your girls are on the fast lane to recovery! I was ever down with sorethroat/cough where every time I swallowed something, my ears and throat will be super painful. And it lasted for 2 whole weeks. The thought makes me shiver!

Do eat more vit C/oranges to boost immunity! :)

kristalangel said...

hey Snowie gal and Zachary Tan,
thanks thanks for your kind words ... the girls are recovering slowly .. but definitely getting better. thank goodness.